Guidelines for Chairs
Your responsibilities as chair will be the same as at a regular physical congress: to call speakers forward, tell them when to start, keep the time and inform speakers when they have 5 / 2 / 0 minutes left, and deciding who gets to ask questions.
BEFORE YOUR SESSION:
- Please ensure you have received and accepted the Outlook invitation with a Zoom link for joining your session.
- To see the presenters’ names, the titles of the presentations and the abstracts, please go to the detailed interactive program on the congress website and look for your session title in the search bar.
30 MINUTES PRIOR TO YOUR SESSION START TIME:
- Please make sure you log into the session 30 minutes prior to the session start. This time is needed for preparation and check of the audio/video/screen sharing.
- The calendar invitation you have received is already set for 30 minutes in advance.
- IMPORTANT: If you are chairing another session before this one and the times slightly overlap, please join the 2nd session as soon as possible after the previous one is over.
- The host will provide you with a link to monitor the upcoming questions from the audience. The link may be opened in a browser (easier if you have 2 screens) or on your phone/tablet.
DURING THE SESSION:
- Open the session by welcoming the audience and introducing the session title – 1-2 minutes max
- Inform the attendees that they can type in their questions at any moment of the session using the Q&A tab on the right-hand side of the screen.
- For the good development of the conference, it is critical that starting and concluding times of the sessions are respected. If a session runs overtime, unfortunately, the technician will need to stop it.
- After the last presentation, thank the speakers.
- Should you wish to continue the discussion between the audience and the speakers after the session ends, please invite the audience to the Networking Lounge of the virtual platform and open a discussion there.
1 weeks prior to the Congress, we will organize general technical briefings explaining the session structures and basic functionalities. You will be informed about the rehearsal hours via email.
There will be a host from the Kenes Group in each of the sessions. The host will be there the whole time and be responsible for recording the presentations and helping you with any technical questions.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties, you may refer to the host by writing in the Zoom Chat.
You can also email email@example.com.
The Congress Secretariat will notify you if your session has a different format.